Since Thanksgiving is officially over, we can talk about Peppermint right, without offending Pumpkin Spice? I am going to say, yes. Whether I am right or wrong, it is not going to burst my bubble from sharing with you my latest obsession – Peppermint Cocoa Protein Energy Balls.
These Peppermint Cocoa Protein Energy Balls are like a Starbucks Peppermint Latte, but add protein, remove the milk and reduce the sugar count by like 1000%. These might not be warm or drinkable but they sure are a tasty ‘treat’ to have before a workout, after a workout or just a nice snack to nosh on.
Peppermint Cocoa Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 serving Chocolate Protein Powder (or 2 TBS unflavored collagen)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a food processor, blend walnuts, sea salt, Protein Powder, and cocoa powder until you the consistency is pretty fine.
- Slowly drip the coconut oil, maple syrup, and peppermint extract into the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Taking the mixture out of the food processor, use your hands to form small 2″ wide balls. If they aren’t coming together put the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes, then roll into 2″ balls again.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Roll balls in crushed up candy canes, or a random nut, like pistachios to give them a nice crunch.
- Chocolate Nut Butter Protein Bites
- Healthy Cookie Recipes for the Holidays
- Recipe Makeover: Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream
- Waist Happy Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Chocolate Orange Energy Truffles with EBOOST