White bread we grew up on as a kid has a bad reputation and it is one reputation we are not trying to defend. The highly-processed flour and additives in white, packaged bread can make it unhealthy to name just a couple of the ingredients in it. When we consume too many unhealthy ingredients and foods can contribute to obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. This doesn’t mean that anything you see in the bread aisle that isn’t white is a better option. Buying bread with the word “whole” as the first ingredient still does not guarantee a healthful product. Instead of trying to guess if the bread is good for you or not, why not just made it at home. The best part is, you don’t need a bread maker for this recipe.
For this recipe, we are redefining what it means to eat white bread. Not only is making bread at home easier for you to navigate the ingredients inside of the bread but making the bread fills your home with one of the most delicious smells on the planet.
Keto Bread Recipe
organic coconut or avocado oil spray
7 large organic eggs, at room temperature – room temperature is ideal
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 TBS organic cold pressed olive oil
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, make sure you are covering all sides.
- Grease parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy – a fork works here.
- Add melted butter and olive oil – mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt – mix well.
- Add gradually this dry flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour bread batter into the parchment lined bread pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- An EBOOST Approved Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Waist Happy Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Olive Oil and Avocado Chocolate Cake
- Recipe Makeover: Kid Approved Chicken Nuggets
- Eat Five Green Vegetables With These Eboost Donuts