Today is Mother’s Day in the USA, Canada, most European countries, Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Japan, the Philippines, and South Africa. Today is a day that we set aside some time to make our mother’s or the mothers in our lives a bit more special than a typical day. Something we like to celebrate possibly even more than Mother’s Day is living a healthy lifestyle, so you know we are going to deliver you something healthy to celebrate Mother’s Day with. All in all though, whether you’re entertaining or visiting, this healthier carrot cake recipe makes for the perfect Mother’s Day treat or a fun Sunday dessert.
A keto and paleo friendly carrot cake or for those looking for a low carb sugar-free carrot cake recipe!
- 3/4 cup erythritol (or coconut sugar for paleo)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (or coconut oil for paleo)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pineapple extract
- 4 large organic eggs
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cup organic carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped – divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
for cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz organic cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBS organic heavy cream
- 4 TBS PRIME, vanilla protein powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 9 in round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Grease the bottom and sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and erythritol, until fluffy. Then add the vanilla extract and pineapple extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Then stir the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the grated carrots, fold in the 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two baking pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Now time to make the cream cheese frosting.
Cream cheese frosting instructions
Use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese and butter, until fluffy.
Beat in the sweetener, vanilla, and PRIME until mixed well together.
Add cream and beat again, until creamy.
If the consistency isn’t what you like, feel free to add more cream.
When the cakes have cooled to room temperature, place one of the cakes on a plate or cake stand. Use half of the cream cheese frosting and frost the first cake round. Then add the second cake round on top of the first frosted cake round and then top the remainder of that frosting on that cake and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans. You are now ready to serve.
- Olive Oil and Avocado Chocolate Cake
- 3 Guilt Free, Gluten Free, and Vegan Cake Recipes
- Carrot Cupcakes with Creamy Frosting
- Eboost Protein Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread
- The Tastiest Paleo Snickerdoodle Cookies (yes, they are that good)