We all certainly have those nights when we don’t want to slave in the kitchen over a hot stove. This is also a big reason why so many people decide to pick up fast food for dinner because it is quick and easy. It requires no cooking in the kitchen and certainly zero time trying to prepare and make dinner for yourself and whoever else you have to feed. Fast food is ‘cheap’, easy and typically not healthy for you.
Today we are changing what it means to get fast food for dinner by sharing a recipe that only takes 20 minutes, one pan and this time around this fast food is healthy for you too.
One Pan Chicken Fajitas
1 large onion, cut into thick slices
2 bell peppers in any color, cut into thick slices
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ slices
additional optional toppings:
pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grab a sheet pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl toss the onion, bell pepper, and chicken with a drizzle of olive oil and 1/2 pack of the Taco Seasoning.
- Spread out in an even layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Wrap tortillas in foil, and place in the oven for last 5 minutes to warm or warm up over a gas stove top.
- Fill your shells with the ingredients from the sheet pan, plus any additional toppings you’d like.
- Turning up the Heat with Taco Tuesday
- Recipe Makeover: Kid Approved Chicken Nuggets
- Low Sodium High Protein Comfort Chili Recipe
- Recipe Makeover: Chicken Teriyaki
- Recipe Makeover: Pizza