It can be hard to tell when avocados are ripe sometimes. One day you check them and they are hard as a rock, yet the next day you check them and they are so soft you basically bruise it. What are you to do with an avocado that isn’t quite photo ready? Well, with the price of avocados these days it certainly doesn’t need to see the trash can. To be less wasteful (with money and food) it is important to have a backup plan. And when your back up plan involves chocolate then we think that is one of the best back up plans you can have! So next time you have brown and bruised avocados don’t throw them out. Whip together this easy and delicious chocolate pudding instead.
Easy EBOOST Chocolate Pudding
2 bruised avocados, cored and diced
3 TBS date paste, or more to taste (if you don’t have date paste try some stevia or a few whole pitted dates)
3 TBS high-quality cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 Scoop PRIME chocolate, optional but will drive up the protein contents
Sliced strawberries, raspberries, cocoa nibs or chopped pistachios for serving
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender and repeat.
- Taste for sweetness and add a little date paste if you’d like it sweeter.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve into bowls and top with the toppings listed above or any other tasty options you can come up with
- 4 Easy-to-Make Sweet Snacks without the Sugar Crash
- EBOOST Protein Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Chocolate Hummus, Yeah it is Actually Good.
- EBOOST Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Snack Dip Chocolate Protein and Vanilla Peanut Butter Protein Dip Recipes