It officially marks the first signs of Spring, the time when we all lose an hour of sleep and don’t get well adjusted to the new time until about a week later but the signs of warm weather and more sunlight keeps up happy. This time of year also usually correlates to those that have fallen off the New Year’s Resolution horse, start to think about getting back to it since summer feels closer than it has all year long–enter in everyone trying to research a diet they can get on board with for the next few months.
We are not into the crash dieting game. There is no simple fix and there is no miracle quick fix. However, there are some “diets” we can get behind and one of them is the Whole30 diet. What we like best about the Whole30 diet is that it is a diet that helps to reset the body. Simply speaking in the Whole30 diet you dedicate 30 days to not eating things like dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, and alcohol while focusing on whole foods and not recreating meals with Whole30 compliant ingredients. For instance, you can’t make the infamous Paleo pancakes because you are trying to recreate a pancake that fits within the Whole30 rules. Rather there is the mental aspect too and the idea is to cut you from things like pancakes, chips, fries, pizza, etc. All of these items could be made with Whole30 compliant ingredients but no, you are to stick to whole foods and those whole foods being just what they are not cauliflower trying to be a pizza crust type of thing.
If you would like to learn more about the Whole30 diet, we suggest checking out their website but if you are into eating healthy and eating delicious foods then we suggest you check out this recipe. It is a great recipe for lunch and pairs perfectly with a nice tall glass of SUPER POWDER.
EBOOST Blueberry Chicken Salad
2 pounds cooked chicken cut into bite size pieces. Trader Joe’s canned chicken works great too (about 3 cans).
1 cup organic blueberries
1 cup homemade mayo (see below for recipe)
1/4 cup chives
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
dash of celery salt
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, mayo, chives, celery seed, and salt.
- Stir gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1 large whole egg, room temperature
1 1/2 cups avocado oil
1 TBS dijon mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt to taste
- Combine egg, mustard, salt, and lemon into a blender or food processor.
- Turn blender or food processor or low and slowly pour in the oil. This pouring slow process should take you about 2 minutes. The key is to pour nice and slow for it all to come together.
- As soon as you are done pouring the oil, your mixture should be like that of mayo. The mayo should form a nice peak on your finger when you dab your finger into it.
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Blueberries + EBOOST’s Blueberry Protein Muffin Recipe
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 2 Day 7
- 2 On-the-Go Healthy Cold Salad Recipes
- The Secret to Healthy Fluffy Pancakes
- Add a blueberry lavender scone and eboost to your Easter Brunch