Love is in the air, can you smell it?
Maybe not since you don’t have one of these Valentine’s Day desserts baking away in the kitchen. These three Valentine’s day dessert are perfect to surprise your Valentine’s Day date because they won’t sit heavy in the stomach, at least one of them will please any chocolate lover, and they may just start getting those aphrodisiacs hormones floating around your bodies.
Plus, they are gluten-free, healthy, and leave you craving for more. Whip up these desserts later this week to really surprise your significant other or yourself. They will appreciate them even more because you respect their goals of living a healthy lifestyle–yay, waistline happy!
DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TRUFFLES
recipe by Megan Gilmore
6 oz. dark chocolate
1/3 cup mashed avocado (about 1 small avocado)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for rolling
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla extract and pinch of salt over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible, then stir it into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth and thickened.
- Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Once the mixture has been chilled and is slightly firm, use a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate into 12 balls. Place them on a pan lined with parchment paper, and roll the balls between the palms of your hand to create a smooth surface.
- Place cocoa powder in small bowl, and roll each truffle into the cocoa to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, but store in the fridge.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and grease an 8″ spring-form pan generously with coconut oil.
- Melt the baking chocolate and butter together in an oven-safe bowl for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the melted chocolate/butter with the cocoa powder, honey, and eggs, then mix well until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Once your oven is to temp, place cake in the over and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center looks firm.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides (this is why I like using the spring-form pan!) and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Feel free to melt extra chocolate over the top for an extra chocolaty dessert.
- These can be fun to cut into more of a brownie shape too.
Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup nut butter of choice
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
stevia to taste
1/8 tsp salt
- Stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- Add additional coconut oil if to dry and not coming together.
- Pour into mini cupcake molds.
- Freeze to set and store.
- EBOOST Probiotic Zucchini Brownies
- Healthy Cookie Recipes for the Holidays
- 3 Guilt Free, Gluten Free, and Vegan Cake Recipes
- Eat Five Green Vegetables With These Eboost Donuts
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day with an Eboost Aphrodisiac Dessert