This is one of those salads that really doesn’t take much though. It is perfect for when you forgot to plan ahead or don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare a meal. In fact, we think it is pretty fun to just open the refrigerator and start pulling out odds and ends and throwing them into a bowl. It can be a fun challenge with each refrigerator salad you make if you can keep making it better every time you make one with more practice. Now with that being said, we are sharing this as a recipe but feel free to switch things up with what you have in your own refrigerator at any given time.
Refrigerator Salad with Green Dressing
½ medium bunch kale or several handfuls of your favorite greens
1 cup leftover cooked grains
2 carrots, sliced into long ribbons
2 tablespoons seeds or nuts
1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes,
1/2 sliced avocado,
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
Green dressing ingredients
⅓ cup olive oil
⅓ cup lime juice
A handful of fresh cilantro
2 TBS tahini
1 ½ tsp honey
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
salt, to taste
- Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Grab a medium size bowl and put your kale into it.
- Sprinkle the kale lightly with salt, add the avocado and then massage the kale by scrunching the kale and avocado together.
- Then add the rest of your salad ingredients and toss.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the green tahini dressing generously over the salad (you’ll have plenty leftover).
- Eboost Ginger Apple Spruce Dressing
- Healthy Sides to Fill Up your Holiday Plate
- 3 Avocado Inspired Recipes to Add to Your Meatless Monday
- 2 Healthy Salads with Avocado Leaving you Wanting More
- Low Sodium High Protein Comfort Chili Recipe