If you are still scrambling together to figure out what you want to bring over for Thanksgiving dinner, fear no more. You probably already have most of the ingredients already in your pantry so the thought of fighting the crowds at the grocery store doesn’t have to be a battle either. This recipe is super easy to whip up and will certainly wow the taste buds of your family and friends. Pair it with veggies, crackers, and a baguette and you are ready for Thanksgiving in less than 10 minutes.
SAVORY PUMPKIN HUMMUS
naturally vegan and paleo friendly
1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
⅔ cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon juiced
1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon paprika
To garnish: sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice (and no not the latte)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more olive oil if it’s too thick.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Healthy Sides to Fill Up your Holiday Plate
- The Easiest Recipe Ever–Hummus
- 4 Ways to Make Broccoli More Exciting to Eat
- Meatless Monday Featuring a Fall Favorite, Squash!
- Refrigerator Salad with Green Dressing