Sick of pumpkin talk yet? If so, you have a long time still before peppermint starts to show its face. Annoyed or not, did you know that pumpkin comes with a lot of health benefits? And no, those pumpkin spice lattes don’t really count as eating pumpkin for some healthy pumpkin for your body.
Healthy Benefits of Pumpkin
- Pumpkin regulates blood pressure.
- Eating pumpkin is good for the heart.
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Pumpkin is great for dogs too (and they love it).
You know how we like to roll, we like to take something healthy and make it a bit more fun while throwing in a dash of protein.
Here is our version of:
Healthy Pumpkin Banana Protein Mini Muffins
paleo, gluten-free, & vegan (minus the honey)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond butter + 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
1/4 cup almond flour
1 medium banana
1 large egg
1 serving unflavored protein (or EBOOST PRIME, chocolate)
2 tablespoons local honey
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease mini muffin tan with coconut oil spray
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- With a mini ice cream scoop, scoop batter into muffin tins. Fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
These mini muffins make for a great pre-workout snack!
- Eboost Orange Chocolate Energy Muffins
- Chocolate Nut Butter Protein Bites
- Protein Almond Butter Cups perfect for Halloween
- Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls that Balance Sugar
- Add a blueberry lavender scone and eboost to your Easter Brunch