One large handful (1/2 a cup) of blueberries contains just 44 calories, 2 grams of dietary fiber, and 10% of your daily recommended vitamin C content. Now that is a powerful berry!
5 things you probably didn’t know about blueberries
Blueberries protect against memory loss.
A 2012 study suggested that eating at least one serving of blueberries a week slowed cognitive decline by several years.
The perfect blueberry should be “dusty” in color.
But don’t wash off that “dust” until you’re ready to eat them.
Blueberries ranked number one in antioxidant health benefits.
They were compared with more than 40 fresh fruits and vegetables.
Consumption of blueberries has been linked to many health benefits.
Including a reduced risk of cancer, increased insulin response, and lowering blood pressure.
The blueberry is one of the only foods that is truly naturally blue in color.
The pigment that gives blueberries their blue color same compound that provides the blueberry’s amazing health benefits.
EBOOST’s Blueberry Protein Bread
2 1/2 cups rice flour
6 scoops or 3 servings of EBOOST PRIME, vanilla grass-fed whey protein powder
2/3 cups organic monk fruit or equivalent baking stevia
3 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cups melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your bread pan.
- In a large bowl mix together everything except the blueberries.
- Once the mixture is into a battered form with no dry ingredients left dry, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into bread pan and top with more blueberries
- Bake for 60-70 minutes
- Recipe Makeover: White Bread
- EBOOST Ambassador’s Dark Chocolate Banana Protein Bread Recipe
- Add a blueberry lavender scone and eboost to your Easter Brunch
- Red, White and Blue ‘Healthy’ Cocktails
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Muffins