Chocolate and nut butter, such a winner combination. Truly the ultimate sweet combination that leaves everyone craving more. However, we all know we shouldn’t be shoving nut butter and chocolate in our faces 24/7, unless you pack the combo with healthy fats, fiber, and some epic tasting protein.
Okay, okay you probably still shouldn’t eat these tasty chocolate nut butter protein bites 24/7 even if they won’t spike your blood sugar, these bites are definitely great at craving any chocolate or nut butter craving–think peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter and really any type of nut butter. Best of all, you can store them in your freezer, so you have a go-to healthy nosh to quell any craving that strikes.
Chocolate Nut Butter Protein Bites
makes 48 bites
12 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
12 tablespoons nut butter, divided
5 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
¼ cup EBOOST PRIME, chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch kosher salt
2 cups gluten free oatmeal
- Place mini cupcake liners into a 2 24-cup mini-muffin tins.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together 10 tablespoons coconut oil, 4 tablespoons nut butter, 4 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup PRIME, vanilla extract, and kosher salt until fully combined.
- Remove from the heat into a large bowl and stir in the oats.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the oat mixture into the bottom of each mini cupcake liner.
- Place the mini muffin tin into the freezer while you make the nut butter mixture.
- In the same size saucepan as before over low heat, whisk together 2 tablespoon coconut oil, 8 tablespoons nut butter, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup until fully combined.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and spoon the warm peanut butter mixture over the top of the chocolate oat mixture at the bottom of each muffin tin spot.
- Return the tin to the freezer for 15 minutes until the bites are set, or refrigerate until serving.
- Store in the freezer. You can enjoy them straight out of the freezer or if you like them a little softer then move to the refrigerator for a couple hours or onto the counter for a half hour.
- Healthy Cookie Recipes for the Holidays
- EBOOST Probiotic Zucchini Brownies
- Protein Almond Butter Cups perfect for Halloween
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day with an Eboost Aphrodisiac Dessert
- 3 Recipes All with Cauliflower Rice