Say ‘Bye Bye’ to those preservative filled margarita mixes. Today we are shaking up your new favorite margarita recipe with all fresh (not mixes here) and tasty ingredients. (Pst – we may have thrown in some EBOOST too… we couldn’t help it.)
Skinny EBOOST Margarita
recipe inspired by Cookie and Kate
Kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
2 ounces (¼ cup) silver tequila
1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons/about 1 ½ small limes) fresh lime juice
1 ounce (2 tablespoons/about ½ of a medium orange) EBOOST SUPER POWDER orange
1 teaspoon light agave nectar
1 lime wedge or round, for garnish
- Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Slice off a small piece of lime and run the wet edge of the slice along half of the rim of your glass.
- Dip the top of the glass into the salt at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt.
- Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice.
- In a small glass mix one ounce of water with 1/4 packet of SUPER POWDER orange. Mix until dissolved.
- Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and SUPER POWDER and agave nectar.
- Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Cucumber Lime Margarita
recipe by Tastes Lovely
2 cucumbers*, peeled, makes roughly 1.5 cups of juice
Cucumber Lime Margarita
1-1/2 ounces silver tequila
1-1/2 ounces fresh lime juice (usually half a lime)
3 ounces cucumber juice
lime and cucumber wedges for garnish
- Cucumber juice: Juice the peeled cucumbers in your juicer or blender. If using a blender, add the cucumber and blend for about 30-45 seconds until it looks like thick juice.
- Separate the pulp from the juice by setting a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or large measuring cup.
- Gently push on the pulp using a wooden spoon or spatula. There will be enough cucumber juice to make 4 margaritas.
- Margarita: In an 8 ounce glass filled with ice, add the tequila, lime juice and cucumber juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a wedge of cucumber and lime.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- Ring in the New Year with Healthy EBOOST Cocktails
- You need to celebrate #NationalMargaritaDay with this drink
- Happy Hour With EBOOST
- 3 Healthy EBOOST Cocktail Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
- EBOOST Cocktails