One day it is raining, the next day it is sunny and 60 degrees, to then the following day it is snowing. Welcome to the time of year when the weather cannot make up its mind. When the weather makes you feel like all your food cravings are all over the place, then it is good to have some easy recipes in your back pocket to whip out when the weather calls for it. For those hot days you can always have some ice cream waiting in the freezer, but today we are sharing a recipe that is perfect for when the weather dips down into those cooler temperatures–hopefully just for one evening though.
One Pot Chili Recipe
2 cloves garlic
1 poblano pepper
one can kidney beans
10 oz ground pork, beef or chicken
1 TBSP Mexican Spice or Chili Blend
1/2 cup low sodium beef or chicken stock
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup nonfat shredded cheese
4 TBSP plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 TBSP ghee or coconut oil
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating greens from whites.
- Mince garlic.
- Core and seed poblano and cut into 1/2″ squares.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans
- Over medium heat melt 1 TBSP ghee or coconut oil and cook meat and spice blend.
- Cook until crispy on the edges and no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside
- Sweat the scallion whites, poblano, and garlic by adding 1 TBSP ghee or coconut oil into the previously used meat pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, beans, tomatoes, into the pan. Bring to boil and then simmer until liquid starts to thicken.
- Return the meat back to the pan and simmer until everything is saucy and thick.
- Divide chili into two bowls and garnish with cheese, green scallions, and Greek yogurt.
- Low Sodium High Protein Comfort Chili Recipe
- Healthy Recipe Makeover: Mac ‘n Cheese
- 2 Hearty High Protein Recipes to Keep you Fuller Longer
- Enchiladas to BOOST up your #TacoTuesday routine
- 3 Low Carb High Protein Party Dishes