St. Patrick’s Day doesn’t traditionally involve drinking a green smoothie but we like to play by our own rules. We are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by drinking our greens–wearing them is completely optional.
The ‘Don’t Pinch Me’ because I ate my greens smoothie.
You really cannot go wrong with this smoothie. Everything is nutritious and delicious, plus every ingredient is practically green in color.
1 or 2 bunches curly kale
2 kiwis, peeled
6 sprigs mint
1 tsp chlorella
1 serving SPRUCE®
1 cup water
1 cup ice
Throw everything into a blender and blend.
If you want your smoothie thicker, try adding less water, maybe almond milk or freezing some of your produce beforehand.
Don’t Pinch Me Smoothie benefits –
- Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll, protein, vitamin A, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, and zinc. These vitamins and minerals detoxify the body, boost the immune system, and improve digestion.
- Curly Kale is great for aiding in digestion. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate, fiber, and magnesium.
- SPRUCE® is made with kale, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and cabbage, some of the most nutritious greens. Each serving of SPRUCE® provides the true whole food equivalent of 1.5 servings of greens as defined by the USDA
- Needless to say, this green smoothie may just be the lucky charm you need to cure tomorrow’s St. Patrick’s Day hangover in case you went a little wild and crazy on some green beer. Don’t worry we aren’t judging.
- SPRUCE – One of the 50 Healthiest Foods You Can Buy in the Supermarket
- Don’t forget SPRUCE® this Thanksgiving
- EATING FIVE (NOT SEVEN) SERVINGS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES A DAY LEADS TO A LONGER LIFE
- 3 Winter Greens We Can Not Get Enough Of
- 3 Ways to SPRUCE Up Your Protein Shakes