If you really want to sculpt abs that even Kim Kardashian would envy, a non-stop circuit workout is your best bet. That’s because, circuits not only put your body through a number of exercises in a short amount of time, they also get your heart rate revved and give your metabolism a boost.
And the crazy thing is, your entire workout doesn’t even need to be made up of classic “abs-focused” moves to see major results. Hannah Eden, founder of PumpFit Club in Fort Lauderdale and the brains behind Women’s Health’s The 28-Day Fat Torch DVD, recommends including a number of weight-training moves into your go-to abs workout. “The more muscle on our bodies the more calories, we will burn,” says Eden. “In addition, our bodies will continue to burn fat after we are done with our weight-lifting session.”
In fact, one of her favorite abs-sculpting programs in The 28-Day Fat Torch combines abs-focused exercises with body-building strength moves. “The abs-focused exercises will isolate the targeted muscle group to ensure you are attacking those abs, while the bodybuilding strength moves are a great way to burn fat,…
- Benefits of Gaining Weight from Strength Training
- 5 Strength-Training Mistakes That Are Wrecking Your Workouts
- 12 workout habits you think are good for you, but aren’t
- Start Off the Week with this HIIT Kettlebell Workout
- 5 Kettlebell Mistakes That Are Screwing With Your Results