Each week of Well+Good’s (Re)New Year Challenge focuses on a different theme. As the program enters its last week, Lauren Ash, founder of Black Girl In Om, is all about finishing strong. You’ve done the work (and the workouts!), but Ash wants you to remember that there’s much more growth for you after (Re)New Year is through.
Congrats! You’ve come a long way, and you’ve stuck with Well+Good for the past month. This feeling of accomplishment you’re likely experiencing is so unique. It’s rooted in the notion that you’ve taken steps toward your highest self. Any time you decide to take up something new—whether it’s a 30-day yoga challenge or maybe something as simple as eating more plant-based—you are elevating yourself. To me, there’s nothing like that feeling. You get a natural high that results from choosing to say yes to the thing you need to say yes to. Embrace the feeling, and let it propel you to more.
In this last week, I want you to be proud of yourself, but also recommit and make an action plan for what’s to come. Use the strategies we’ve talked about throughout (Re)New Year, like goal-setting and finding a groove, in your everyday life.
Going forward, I encourage you to do two things…
Talk about what you’ve…
- This no-equipment workout lifts, tones, and sculpts your booty simultaneously
- 4 signs it’s time to switch up your supplement regimen
- The One Ingredient You Should Be Working Into Every Single Meal
- Breakfast recipes that enhance beauty and brains—crafted by Candice Kumai
- Well x Good predicts the top 10 food trends of 2017