It is time to add a little Thai to your life, but the EBOOST way. Winter season is a time when many of us want to grab for a cup of soup over something cold and refreshing. A lot of soups and comfort foods though can also come up unhealthy ingredients put into them. Sure we like something a bit more thick and savory with our food that makes us feel warm and cozy, but we would like to hold on the hundreds of calories added in. This is where our Thai Coconut Chicken Soup comes in. It is just the soup you need this summer, while being super easy to make all in one pot!
There is chicken to give us protein, an essential nutrient our body needs. Coconut milk to give us the warm and cozy feeling while providing us with healthy fats. Then there is, of course, some of the fresh produce that really makes this soup come to life. This recipe is definitely one to make over and over again all year round. We also recommend pairing it with a nice tall glass of SPRUCE too! SPRUCE has that ginger flavor that pairs perfecting with Thai food.
EBOOST Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
gluten free, dairy free, paleo friendly
(recipe inspired by My Recipes)
14 oz coconut milk (full fat)
14 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth (or make your own)
6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut into 1-in. pieces
1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast, cut into 1-in. chunks
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or the juice from one lime
1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, broth, ginger, and lemongrass.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and chili paste.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is firm and opaque, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Discard lemongrass.
- Garnish servings with basil and cilantro.
What is your favorite go-to soup recipe for the winter months?
- Thanksgiving Turkey Leftover Recipes
- 3 Guilt-Free Super Bowl Recipes
- SPRUCE® – your new favorite seasoning
- 3 Recipes All with Cauliflower Rice
- Taco Tuesday with Spruce