While we hand out huge high fives to those that don’t drink over the holidays, it is always nice to partake in a New Year’s midnight toast. Knowing that you can partake in ringing in the New Year with some cocktails, making them healthy can hopefully let some of your worries go and ring in the new year with ease. Now, these drinks may not be as healthy for you as drinking some SPRUCE straight up, but we are sure they definitely offer some health benefits.
A Coconutty Gin & Tonic
Using coconut water as it’s base, this cocktail will help keep you hydrated throughout the night.
recipe by Minimalist Baker
2 ounces gin
2 ounces coconut water
2 ounces tonic water
juice of 1/2 lime (1-2 Tbsp)
optional: fresh mint or basil
- Add ice to a serving glass and top with lime juice, gin, tonic water, and coconut water.
- Stir and garnish with fresh mint or basil (optional). Multiply the number of ingredients per person, or simply repeat recipe for more drinks.
EBOOST SUPER TUMERIC MARGARITA
Throw in some superfoods and super powder and you are sure to have a super night!
recipe inspired by Vintage Kitty
1 packet orange SUPER POWDER
1 cup water
1 TB turmeric
1 oz gold tequila
1 oz triple sec
1 oz of simple syrup
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
2 tsp coarse salt
Combine SUPER POWDER, water, and turmeric.
Combine ancho, turmeric, and salt on a small plate and mix to combine.
Wet the top of a glass with a wedge of orange and sip in spice mix.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, triple sec, and simple syrup and shake.
Pour into glass and serve with orange wedges.
Kombucha Moscow Mule
Prep your gut for the New Year feast while sipping on this healthier Moscow Mule.
recipe inspired by Cookie and Kate
1 part vodka
3 parts kombucha (raspberry, ginger, or flavor of choice)
½ lime, juiced
mint garnish or muddled is optional
Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour in 1 part vodka (say, 1.5 ounces) and top it off with 3 parts kombucha (so 4.5 ounces). Add a generous squeeze of lime and a lime wheel for garnish.
- 2 Healthier Margarita Recipes with a Fun Twist
- EBOOST Halloween Cocktails and Mocktails
- You need to celebrate #NationalMargaritaDay with this drink
- 3 EBOOST Approved Margaritas
- Gather Your Friend and Brunch It Up the EBOOST Way