Although this time of year is full of good cheer, it can be terrible for our waistlines. All of the holiday parties, work events, family gathers, bake sales… it feels like the list goes on and on. We find ourselves constantly eating, wondering if it is ever going to stop. Sure, you may not be able to get away with not eating at all of the holiday gatherings, but you can have a bit more control when you bring something that you feel comfortable eating… so have no fear because healthy holiday cookies are here!
To kick things off, how tempting are those chocolately balls of deliciousness every time you walk by the dessert table? Instead of engulfing hundreds of calories in the blink of an eye, bring your own truffles.
No Back Protein Truffle Balls
recipe inspired by: Food Network Kitchen
For the truffles:
1 cup dried pitted dates, 4-ounces, chopped
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons chunky almond butter
2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
1 tablespoon unsalted ghee
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
8 full sheets gluten-free graham crackers, finely ground
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats, not instant
Coconut Oil cooking spray
**increase the protein and add two scoops of EBOOST PRIME in chocolate**
For the coating:
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 cup gluten-free granola
- Combine the dates and water in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat breaking up any large pieces of dates with a spoon, until the mixture resembles a thick paste, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the honey, almond butter, cocoa powder, ghee and salt until evenly combined. Stir in the graham crackers and oats. Remove from heat.
- Lightly mist a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drop level tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto the prepared pan. Refrigerate until just chilled and set, about 20 minutes.
- Put desired optional toppings in small bowls. Roll each cookie in the desired topping and flatten slightly into a plump disk. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.
Healthy Sugar Cookies
recipe by: Chocolate Covered Katie
1 cup finely ground almond meal (also known as almond flour)
a little over 1/8 tsp salt (1/8 plus 1/16 tsp)
1/8 tsp baking soda
stevia to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut
1 tbsp milk of choice, added to the liquid ingredients
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
optional: pure almond extract
- Combine all liquid ingredients (except milk of choice if using maple syrup version).
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir very well. Now mix wet into dry and keep stirring, breaking up clumps as you mix—it may seem dry at first, and you can add the extra 2 tsp milk or oil. It will eventually form something that can either be squished into a ball with your hands or put into a plastic bag and smashed from inside the bag (the less-messy option).
- Roll out dough to cut-out-cookie width, either between sheets of parchment paper or from inside the bag, then cut into shapes.
- Freeze dough at least 20 minutes before cooking 10-13 minutes (depending on desired crispiness) at 325 F on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let cool another 10 minutes before even attempting to remove cookies from the sheet. They should firm up nicely.
Keto Peppermint Patties
recipe by: The Big Man’s World
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 serving liquid sweetener of choice
1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
2 tsp peppermint extract
- Line a 24-count mini muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of your chocolate chips and evenly distribute between the mini muffin tins, ensuring the sides are covered in the chocolate. Refrigerate.
- If needed, slightly melt your coconut butter until smooth and creamy. Add your peppermint extract and mix well.
- Remove the firm chocolate shells and evenly distribute the coconut butter/mint mixture amongst them. Melt the remaining half-cup of chocolate chips and cover the tops of the peppermint patties.
- Refrigerate until firm.
What is your favorite kind of cookie?
- Eboost Orange Chocolate Energy Muffins
- Celebrating National Cookie Dough Day the EBOOST way.
- An EBOOST Approved Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Orange Energy Truffles with EBOOST
- EBOOST Probiotic Zucchini Brownies