I love a good workout that makes me sweat. And not just sweat, but SWEAT, like dripping buckets of sweat. For some reason, I feel like I haven’t worked hard enough if I can’t ring out some of my garments… yeah you know the ones I am talking about. However, this doesn’t mean that sometimes the sweat isn’t annoying or isn’t always welcome. Here are some ways in which I like to prep for a sweaty workout, which are the same ways you can manage your own sweat during those grueling workouts.
Before your workout.
Start with a clean face: If you begin a workout with a dirty face or one full of make-up then you are just asking your pores to HATE you. Clogged pores, means hello to some little pimple friends showing up later. If you are someone that likes to workout midday, please still clean your face. You can put your makeup back on after. Use face wipes before your workout and keep your hands away from your face after handling dirty equipment.
Dress for the occasion: A sweaty workout’s best friend is moisture-wicking, lightweight materials that are designed to pull sweat away from your body. Some good fabrics to stick to are natural fabrics, merino wool, and bamboo. Clothing that lists its ability to breathe is always good options as well as ones with extra breathable details in all the right sweaty parts, like mesh panels.
- Nike dry shorts: The Nike Dry Training Shorts are designed with breathable sweat-wicking fabric and side motion vents for ventilated comfort and freedom to move.
- Adidas sweat bras: Their women’s sports bra is supportive and easy to move in with climacool® ventilation releases heat and lets air flow.
- Bandana: The bandana option is great for athletes that prefer bandanas but need the extra performance that a cotton bandana can’t offer. These bandanas feature SweatBlock Technology to lead sweat away from your eyes and face so you can keep focused.
- Sweatbands + headbands: Lululemon has always been a great resource for headbands. They stay in place, keep your hair back, and your sweat out of your eyes. Plus, they now offer ones specifically designed for men too!
- Socks: NOTHING PUTS A damper on your workout routine or work-day grind like sweaty socks. Brooks Running Socks are a comfortable, low-cut running sock boasts supportive cushion along the toe and heel, compression within the arch, a section of mesh along the upper for optimal airflow, and a tab that wraps around the ankle to keep the sock in place without any risk of chafing. Plus, they’re made with a moisture-wicking (nylon- and polyester-infused) fabric.
- Breathable sneakers: Nike struck gold with its knit construction technology. The shoes are super-lightweight with a woven base for exceptional breathability. Its knitted upper even boasts static properties to create the best airflow delivery possible.
During your workout.
- Absorbent towels: Grabbing a towel like Youphoria are great options to keep the sweat on your exposed skin under control. The towels are made from 100% microfiber and have a tightly-knit fabric design, which is ideal for absorbing more water and sweat while at the same time being dirt resistant. Microfiber is well known for its highly absorbent properties, drying up to 9 times faster than traditional cotton or terry cloth towels.
After your workout.
- Exercise more: Healthier bodies sweat more efficiently. It is a fact.
What is your favorite item to manage sweat during a workout?
- Why Some People Sweat a Lot More Than Others
- Last Minute Fitness Gift Ideas
- Headed to the Beach? Make Sure You Have These Essentials
- This Gadget Ripens Your Avocado Stat
- Stress Sweat – What The Heck Is It?