Let’s talk about you and me. Let’s talk about all the good things and the bad things, we can be. Let’s talk about Pumpkin. Let’s talk about Pumpkin!
Pumpkin can get a bad rep around this time of year, but why does it have to be that way. Sure every girl that you think is annoying is probably obsessed with a PSL (pumpkin spice latte)–yeah we get it, but I bet you don’t turn down a nice hot delicious PSL from time to time. Anyway, pumpkin is always all the rage in the fall and it has every right to be.
Pumpkin packs a nutritional punch! Check it out for yourself.
- Feel Fuller
- Sleep Better
- Protect Your Parts from Cancer (we are talking to the men here!)
- Better Health
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Boost Your Moon–you know we like a good boost!
Not only should you add some pumpkin to your protein bars this fall, we are all about some other items that have comfort and health written all over them. Next time you are ready to make some protein bars, get inspired by the season and see what deliciousness you can create in the kitchen.
For our next protein bar recipe (coming to the blog in Oct), we are thinking of ingredients like pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, coconut butter, cashew butter, apples, dates, cacao, etc. To keep you occupied for now, check out this mouth-watering recipe by Healthy Helper Blog. Ha, and of course, I had to hit you with a pumpkin spice latte inspired recipe. Don’t worry though, our Eboost Protein bar recipe won’t be PSL inspired just fall inspired!
Pumpkin EBOOST Vanilla Prime Whey Protein Bars
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- ½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder (about 45 grams)
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup non-dairy
- 1-3 tsp NuNaturals Pumpkin Spice Stevia Syrup (depending on how sweet you want them!)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 baking square with parchment paper. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a knife comes out cleanly from the center of the bars. Allow bars to fully cool before slicing into 9 equal pieces.
So what is the consensus? Are you a PSL lover or hater?
- Protein Almond Butter Cups perfect for Halloween
- Eboost Protein Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread
- A Fall Inspired EBOOST Protein Smoothie
- 5 Other Ways to Use Protein Powder (not just in a shake)
- EBOOST Fall Inspired Breakfast Oat Bake