It’s toasty out! Turn that oven off and enjoy these recipes from other influencers inspired by avocados that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Plus, they are tasty and super healthy for you too, of course! Now give us all the healthy fats!
Chickpea Salad Stuffed Avocados by Kristin’s Kitchen
Serves 4 for lunch or side
2 ripe avocados, halved and pit removed
14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup each fresh dill, parsley and chives
3 scallions, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 clove garlic
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the avocados by scooping out approximately half the flesh from the center and placing it in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the scooped out avocado, herbs, scallions, garlic and lemon zest to a food processor and pulse until everything has been small diced.
- Add in the chickpeas and ground mustard. Pulse a few more times until the chickpeas are incorporated and small diced but stop before the chickpeas become a hummus texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, ranch dressing, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt/pepper to taste
- Scoop the salad into the avocado halves and enjoy immediately
Mango Avocado Salsa by Chef Jackie
1 large mango, cut into cubes
1 Florida or 2 Haas Avocados, cut into cubes
Juice of half a lime
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together until everything is combined.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Brussels Sprout and Carrot Salad with Cara Cara, Avocado, and Orange Tahini Dressing by Brooklyn Supper
serves four to six as a side
A note on shaving Brussels sprouts––it’s best done with a mandoline or with a very sharp knife. Either way, be very, very careful because I like you and your fingers. The carrots are easily cut into ribbons with a peeler.
for the orange tahini dressing (inspired by Edible Perspective and The First Mess)
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (Cara Cara or otherwise)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
Either in a blender or with a fork, whisk the olive oil into the tahini, and then blend in the orange juice, maple syrup, sea salt, chili paste, and coriander. Thin with water or more orange juice if needed.
for the salad
2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
3 carrots, trimmed and peeled into ribbons
1/2 a red onion, sliced paper thin ( I used my mandoline)
3 Cara Cara oranges
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Place the shaved Brussels sprouts, carrot ribbons, and red onion in a bowl and drizzle with half the dressing, turning to combine. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Zest one of the oranges and set aside. Use a sharp knife to trim the top and bottom off the oranges, and then, working your way around, slice off the peels. Slice oranges into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Slice the avocado.
- Layer the orange and avocado slices into the shaved vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, using your hands to better incorporate it, and finish with the reserved orange zest.
- The 4 Avocado Hacks You Never Knew You Needed
- Healthy Sides to Fill Up your Holiday Plate
- Eboost Ginger Apple Spruce Dressing
- 2 On-the-Go Healthy Cold Salad Recipes
- Eboost Orange Chocolate Energy Muffins