The warmer weather may be here to stay! Hallelujah! What better way to celebrate than eating some ice cream. I know the warmer weather, definitely inspires me and sets my ice cream cravings on fire! Instead of heading over to your favorite overpriced frozen yogurt joint, why not whip up some healthy ice cream of your own? You’ll be surprised as to how easy it is!
- empty reusable ice cream tub – like this one from Sur la Table.
- ice cream scoop
- high-speed blender or food processor
- three frozen bananas (previously put in the freezer the night before)
- 2 TBS local honey
- 1 tsp ginger (if you like a lot of ginger feel free to add more to your liking)
- 2 scoops SPRUCE®
- 4 TBS unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk
- Place half of the frozen bananas in high-speed blender and add half of the milk. Start to blend and monitor to see if you need to add more milk to get things moving. It may take a little TLC to move things around before adding too much liquid, you want this thick.
- Once it starts coming together, add the SPRUCE®, ginger, honey, rest of the bananas and milk (if necessary).
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in ice cream container and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Top with whatever you please – bananas, honey, lemon, berries, cacao nibs…
- 3 Ways to SPRUCE Up Your Protein Shakes
- Sweeten Your Sunday With Spruce Ice Cream
- Making Almond Milk is Easier Than It Sounds
- 3 EBOOST Keto Friendly Smoothies
- We All Scream for EBOOST Chocolate Protein Ice Scream