Spruce up your tacos… literally.
We have been chatting a lot about SPRUCE® Energizing Whole Greens because it is such a versatile product. It can be added to smoothies, turned into dressings, made into baked goods, etc.
Today we share with you a SPRUCE® sauce that is perfect to dress up your tacos.
Spruce It Up Sauce
- 1 serving SPRUCE® Energizing Whole Greens
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (or another dairy free alternative)
Mix together and set aside – easy peasy.
Slow Cooker Al Pastor Loaded Tacos are the perfect recipe to Spruce up (not saying it needs any sprucing, just that it is a great recipe to accompany your new sauce).
- 2 cups fresh diced pineapple
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 pound pork loin, cubed
- Siete Foods Tortillas (I prefer the coconut & cassava) or make your own from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
- ¾ cup diced pineapple
- ½ white onion, minced
- handful of fresh cilantro, minced
- Spruce It Up Sauce (recipe above)
- lime wedges
- Place all pork ingredients (except for the pork) in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Place cubed pork loin in a crockpot and cover pork with pureed mixture. Cover crockpot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Once pork has cooked through, use two forks to shred the meat and mix to coat with the cooked down sauce.
- To heat tortillas: place tortilla over a gas stovetop until slightly browned on both sides (about 10-15 seconds per side).
- To build tacos: use a slotted spoon to scoop out the meat and place in taco shell. Top with pineapple, onion, cilantro, a small amount of Spruce It Up sauce, and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
- Serve up, buttercup!
- Super (SPRUCE®) Bowl Guacamole Recipe
- Turning up the Heat with Taco Tuesday
- An Easy One-Skillet Tex Mex Dinner Recipe
- EBOOST Simple One Pot Soup Recipe
- 2 On-the-Go Healthy Cold Salad Recipes