We truly are creatures of this Earth. It is amazing how when Mother Nature shifts through seasons, our bodies cravings change as well. When the weather turns a bit cooler and the feeling of being cozy up by a fire are evening goals, food to match these shifts also change.
Recently, I haven’t been wanting any of my morning green smoothies filled with berries. No – I have been reaching for heartier thicker smoothies. This morning I thought I would try out a new recipe and boy is it a winner.
Today I share with you this morning’s Orange Chia, and what I am calling a ‘winter’ smoothie.
Orange Chia Winter Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons raw local honey or stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chopped peeled gingerroot (about one 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 packed EBOOST Orange Energy Powder
I personally also love to throw in some protein powder to pack in some more nutrients.
Blend the milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, EBOOST and a handful of ice cubes in a blender on low speed. Increase speed and blend until everything is well combined and the smoothie begins to have a creamy consistency. If you like it thicker then add more ice.
Pour into your favorite glass – the one that makes you the happiest, because everything always tastes best in your favorite glass.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Channel
- Orange Creamsicle Energy Smoothie with EBOOST
- 3 Ways to SPRUCE Up Your Protein Shakes
- The Most Nutritious Powerbowl, the EBOOST Way
- Cheers to this Immunity Boosting Vitamin E Boost (Eboost) Smoothie
- An EBOOST Coconut Protein Smoothie, 3 Ways.