Are you someone that does the exact same workout every day? Well, maybe not the exact same workout, but think of it more like ‘your body doing the exact same thing every day’? For instance, if you are a runner you are more than likely doing a short fast-paced run one day, a longer run another day, a pace run the next and so on. Even though the workouts might seem different, your body is still going through the same movements every day. Your body is missing out on so much more you could be doing for it.
Now think about eating the exact same thing every day. Each meal would be the same for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Even if it was your ‘last meal on Earth’ type of meal it would certainly get old pretty fast. Additionally, just like with the same workout every day, your body is going to be missing out on some much-needed nutrients that come from other foods.
A variety in your food and in your workouts is ideal. In fact, some of the fittest people partake in different workouts day in and day out, and yes you guessed it, they also eat a wide variety of food.
We are not suggesting that you have to go do workouts you hate to force yourself to eat foods you think are disgusting. We are merely suggesting that you try and incorporate some variety in your life. Take it slow. Try new recipes. Sign up for new online classes to give you a little taste of something new.
- Recipe – Brownie Batter Oatmeal
- Workout – Rest/Active Rest Day
- Recipe: Healthy Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Workout: Rest/Active Rest Day
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 2 Day 7
- Join EBOOST for the Fitness Holiday Challenge!
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad with Roasted Asparagus
- Recover with SUPER FUEL and these 4 Exercises
- Staying Fit in 2020 with Quincy France