These recruit your 6-pack muscles (rectus abdominis) as well as the deepest abs muscles (transverse abdominis) for strength, and external and internal obliques for stability.
- Slide your arms through the straps and grip your hands around the top. Engage your upper back muscles to depress your shoulders (away from your ears), and hang with your legs straight out and triceps nearly parallel to the ground.
- Squeeze your legs together, bend your knees, and pull them tight in towards your belly. Hold momentarily.
These primarily recruit your obliques on the left side of your body for strength while still working the rectus abdominis (those…
- 3 Exercises to Get Rid of that Stubborn Lower Belly Bulge
- 3 Bodyweight Exercises for Stronger Legs
- 3 Exercises for Bad Knees
- 3 Workout Moves for Seriously Toned Thighs
- Fitness Friday: Hamstring Curls Edition