Don’t toss out those overripe bananas! With a couple minutes of prep work, they can be transformed into frozen nuggets of gold, perfect for smoothies. Here’s the best way to do it:
- Start with overripe, spotty bananas (they have much more flavor).
- Peel all of the bananas.
- Slice them into 1- to 2-inch chunks. (Smaller pieces are much easier on your blender; even a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, will have trouble breaking down a whole banana.)
- Arrange them in a single layer on a…
- Sweeten Your Sunday With Spruce Ice Cream
- Banana Ginger Vegan Ice Cream (made with SPRUCE®)
- Recipe Makeover: Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream
- The EBOOST Version of Protein Banana Bread
- Meatless Monday – Grilling Options