It’s Week Five of Well+Good’s (Re)New Year Challenge, and here’s the third workout! Alicia Archer, a fitness instructor at Equinox in New York City, will be taking you through a workout that focuses on finding balance—with a literal twist.
“Typically a lot of people are limited in how much they can rotate,” says Archer. “Doing movements that involve a twist, especially in the trunk, helps to create more space and amp up mobility. Plus, it has a ripple effect. These movements help you do what you were designed to do.”
Twist and tone workout
Do 3 sets, without resting between moves. Take one minute between each set. You’ll need some space to get sweaty and a yoga mat.
1. Shoulder semi-circle
Start in tabletop position with your knees under your hips and wrists under your shoulders. Lift right arm forward, keeping palm facing in, then circle it up stopping directly overhead with arm extended and chest open to your right side….
- This balance workout comes with a few twists
- This no-equipment workout lifts, tones, and sculpts your booty simultaneously
- Exercise of the Day: Double Kettlebell Push Press
- Weekend Warriors Unite and Get Sweaty!
- An at-home Pilates workout that will transform your body