Research has shown that brekkie can help get your body moving, fuel you through the rest of your day, and keep you from crashing. And, contrary to what you might think, in order to be beneficial the meal doesn’t need to be some extravagant spread that perfectly hits every food group.
To make sure you’re getting the most out of your first meal of the day, implement these tips, straight from the health experts.
Use these 5 methods to hack the most healthy breakfast.
1. Become a food-prep queen
You don’t have to prep all your meals—just start with breakfast. That way, when your mornings get all sorts of chaotic, it’s the one thing you won’t have to think about.
“The best way to really make sure you’re getting breakfast in is planning it the night before,” registered dietician Jennifer Markowitz told Cooking Light. “One of my all-time-favorite breakfasts—for myself and patients, too—is overnight oats. It’s such a simple thing that you can plan and make in a batch.”
2. Use a stepladder approach
If you’re having trouble figuring out what to eat for…
- 5 Easy Ways to Keep You on Track with Breakfast and EBOOST
- Podcast Ep 68: Fit Couple Cooks’ Adam Bannon
- How to Date Someone With Different Food Morals
- 5 Tips on How to Have the Best Week Yet
- 7 Coffee Smoothies That Will Change Your Morning