Even though ACV doesn’t seem to be the trendiest buzzword in all the land lately, doesn’t mean you should pour it down the drain. Trendy tricks and tips have their time and place but Apple Cider Vinegar should always be a kitchen cabinet staple.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It helps to bring your body into a more alkaline state
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- It can lower blood pressure
- Promotes healthy detoxification of the liver
- It eliminates candida overgrowth
- Slows the aging process
- It can help aid in weight loss
And I lot of us certainly shouldn’t be just taking shots of it by itself. I know I have encountered a couples times when it felt like my throat was closing up. No need to be fearful of the ol’ ACV. Here are many other ways to get in the goodness.
Ways to drink Apple Cider Vinegar
- with honey
- fire cider
- with honey, garlic, and lemon
- in a mocktail, a pomegranate mocktail at that
- in salad dressing – we share one here
- on the rocks
- or mixed with water
- in assorted ways by adding fruit
And you are really feeling daring, how about detoxing while drinking and throw in a little apple cider vinegar in your next drink? Not that we are promoting drinking, but if you’re going to get it in, then get it in!
Apple Cider Vinegar Hot Apple Cider
recipe adapted from Mind Body Green
(to make alcoholic, add dark rum to the desired liking, try 2 shots)
ingredients for one drink
1 cups apple cider
1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of liquid monk fruit
1/2 a medium orange, sliced crosswise
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 cinnamon sticks
1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, monk fruit, cloves, and cinnamon stick over medium-high heat stirring constantly for about a minute until warm and fragrant. Add the apple cider and orange slices and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. If using rum, add here. Pour into a festive mug.
What is your favorite way to drink Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Eboost Ginger Apple Spruce Dressing
- EBOOST Fitness Holiday Challenge Week 1 Day 7
- IS DRINKING ALCOHOL ACTUALLY GOOD FOR YOU?
- Trying to Lose Weight? Is Fruit a Friend or a Foe?
- Healthy Super Bowl Cocktails Without the Hangover