A new research review published in the British Medical Journal concludes that just five servings of produce a day are enough to prevent early death. According to the study, any more than five servings will not have any further impact on mortality.
In a meta-analysis of 16 different studies that included more than 833,000 people, researchers found that five servings of produce cut the risk of any kind of death by 5% and death from cardiovascular disease by 4%. The threshold seemed to round out at 5 servings per day. Any amount of servings higher than that didn’t make much more of a difference.
Still, most people only get four servings of fruit and vegetables daily. That was one of the main driving points behind creating our own veggie boost for our consumers. Each serving of SPRUCE® provides the true whole food equivalent of 1.5 servings of greens as defined by the USDA. Made with kale, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and cabbage, some of the most nutritious greens–adding SPRUCE® to your diet will bump the average of four servings of veggies per day from four to five and a half, pushing you right to our daily five servings of fruit and vegetables.
Additional SPRUCE® fun facts –
- 25 calories per serving
- Only 1 g of sugar (naturally occurring)
- 3 g of prebiotic fiber
- Naturally energizing
- Freeze & air-dried whole greens.
- Gluten-free, allergen free, soy free
- No artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners
- No crash or jitters
- Certified Vegan
- TruServ™ Verified
Boost your life that extra bit by adding SPRUCE® into it now. Try adding it your next smoothie for a flavor boost as well! We have a few recipe ideas on how to add SPRUCE® to your next smoothie, here and here. Drink up!
- SPRUCE – One of the 50 Healthiest Foods You Can Buy in the Supermarket
- A ‘Don’t Pinch Me’ Green Smoothie
- Now It’s Easier to Get Your 5 a Day!
- How Many Calories Are Hiding in Your Smoothie?
- 3 Ways to SPRUCE Up Your Protein Shakes