We’re all about finding better ways to boost your immunity and energy with delicious, healthy options. When we came across Spoon Fork Bacon’s recipe for Sweet Potato and Rosemary Gratin, we just had to share. Not going to say this is a low-fat gratin, but it’s a healthier alternative to the traditional Potatoes Au Gratin.
“Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and, due to their orange color, are high in carotenoids,” said San Diego-based nutritionist Laura Flores. Plus, they’re fat-free, relatively low in sodium and have fewer calories than white potatoes — although they do have more sugar.
The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in sweet potatoes reduce stress, have a stronger immunity, and much more. Seems like we should be adding sweet potatoes to our menu much more often! How do you like your sweet potatoes?
Photo credit: SpoonForkBacon.com
- 4 Reasons Why it is Totally Okay to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 6 Foods Nutritionists Eat to Get Over a Cold Faster
- 3 Sweet Potato Recipes Leaving You Wanting More
- Low Sodium High Protein Comfort Chili Recipe
- Can I Blend This? 5 Foods to Sneak into Your Next Smoothie