Did you know it only takes an extra 500 calories per day over your usual amount to gain ONE pound? And this time of year, you know it’s so easy to overeat! We’ve compiled a few simple tips to help you have a healthy and happy holiday.
- Eat a healthy snack before heading out to that tree-trimming or office party. You know walking in starving will send you right to the hors d’oeuvres and you’ll regret it later!
- Stand more than arms distance from the appetizers. This may sound simple, but we bet if you’re not paying attention, you’ll find yourself hovering and eating without even realizing it!. And if you’re seated near snacks, make sure the ones closest to you are things you don’t even like.
- Bring healthy dishes to the feast. This way you know exactly what’s in the dish and can pump up the flavor without adding too much fat, sugars and anything from a can. For example, try this delicious Sweet Potato Gratin recipe.
- Get your exercise! Don’t skip your workout. In fact, turn it into an outing with family and friends. A brisk walk, a touch football game or a trip to the ice skating rink will give you quality time together and burn calories.
- Watch what you drink. Cocktails, beer and wine seem to make food go down easier, and they pack on the calories. Avoid sugary soda too. Did you see what happened to this guy when he drank 10 sodas daily for a month? Limit the alcohol and sweets beverages and drink plenty of water.
- Boost your immunity. Travel, house guests and lots of celebrations can wear you out. You don’t want to spend the holidays in bed sick or find yourself too tired to enjoy the season, so be sure to enjoy an EBOOST each day. EBOOST’s blend of vitamins, minerals, and super-nutrients works from within to give you a natural lift. It’s packed with ingredients like Vitamins C, D, B6, B12, as well as 5-HTP, Resveratrol, Green Tea, and Green Coffee.
How do you stay heathy during the Christmas season? Add your suggestions below or tag @EBOOST and #HealthyHoliday on Twitter.
- Tips to Avoid a Hangover
- Foodtrainers Offers Tips for Healthy Travel Eating
- Social Moms Get BOOSTed
- Don’t forget…
- Skip the High-Sugar, High-Caloric Juices