For most of us, we spend way too much time in front of the keyboard or simply sit most of the day. As a result, our posture may not be ramrod straight and that’s when, over time, your body fights back leaving you with neck, shoulder or back pain. But, if you do these three moves every day, according to Men’s Fitness, your body will thank you for it!
How do you know you need these exercises? Here’s the test:
Stop what you’re doing right now, and imagine that there’s a string attached from the ceiling to your chest. Now imagine that the string is being tightened, pulling your chest closer towards the ceiling. If you were sitting with good posture, your chest wouldn’t rise much. But if you’re like most people, you just raised up a few inches. (You can also remind yourself to sit as tall as you can.) This is a good way to see how much you slump.
Get the moves, complete with video so you know you’re doing them right, and don’t forget to sit up straight!
- 3 Yoga Poses for People who Workout
- 3 Poses to Do After a Long Day of Sitting
- An at-home Pilates workout that will transform your body
- 4 Ways to Perform Better Squats Today!
- The beginners guide to using the rowing machine (to get a full body workout)